no breasts; nice shoulders - what it's like for the young and the breastless
A beautiful, funny and sexy Lebed instructor who had a double mastectomy was trying to get us loosened up for her workshop at a recent Lymphedema conference. She smiled, wiggled her hips seductively and rolled her shoulders; as she did she said "no breasts, nice shoulders." We roared.
As a breast cancer survivor I am filled with 95% gratitude and 5% anger. The 5% anger might manifest in this Blog once in a while in jealous rants about breasts, but I strive that the other 95% will be to entertain and inform you of everything regarding surviving breast cancer. Hey, the feminists, mentally and physically challenged, the overweight and obese had their turn sensitizing society to their plight - it's time for me to share what is feels like for a breastless girl.
A few years ago while working as personal trainer, during smoking cessation week I gave some guy a pamphlet about a smoking cessation program. A few months later I saw him again; he told me he quit smoking and said it was thanks to me. Well - that was my first "official" person I helped save somehow. I'm going for my second with this blog.
Dedicated to my Creator and earthly angels who helped prolong my life.
Mom, dad, bro, grandparents/uncles/cousins, hubby, my dearest friends, my doctors, my nurses, Rabbis, and all those who prayed for me.