- I have published a number of Kindle ebooks on technology and my own creative writing...
- "On Internet Law, International Jurisdictions & Artificially Intelligent Bots", Executive MBA Seminar, Mannheim Business School, Baden-Württemberg. MBS is ranked #1 in Germany.
- "On velmai's AI bots doing jobs - sales, marketing & PR", Bot World/Apps World global summit, London, October 2016.
- VentureBeat blog post on "Why chatbots are so disruptive" (mainly about the global advertising industry), August 2016.
- Final VentureBeat post for 2016: on Microsoft's Tay, the assassination of MP Jo Cox in the UK and Hate Speech globally
- A list of my speaking engagements 2015 - 2017: Public Lectures, global summit keynotes, panels, academic & industry talks...
- On the Experts Panel at Re-Work's inaugural Chatbots Track at their annual Deep Learning Summit in London
- My VentureBeat guest article on "the first chatbot to be arrested" in the world - it was a Swiss bot jailed in St Gallen near Zurich!
- Watch this video: my Public Lecture on the "History of Artificial Intelligence & (Chat)bots" at the University of Kent, Sciences Faculty, Canterbury Campus. February 2016.
- June 2017: velmai taking on trainees for 2 weeks to write the Case Study on BABs the AI Bot, January - May Pilot with the American Chamber of Commerce, UK.
- My webinars on bot tech and Artificial Intelligence: monthly sessions from the AI seminars I hold at The Oystermen upstairs at The Sampler, South Kensington, London.
- March 2017: velmai is at CeBIT through the European Union's EEN Future Match Lounge & "Brokerage" Stand, Hannover, Germany.
velmai exec & new tech adviser
I'm a member of the management team behind the British AI bot developer velmai. It builds White Labels and customised chatbots for deployment on corporate websites, blogs and microsites, as well as Instant Messaging platforms or global chat apps.
velmai [Virtual Empirical Lifeform with Multifunctional Artificial Intelligence] is unique in the emerging bot landscape because it is one of a handful of bot builders globally that owns its own code. We have a Proprietary Algorithm called VAIP [Virtual Artificially Intelligent Patois].
After deciding to sit out the hyped up, international "Year of the Bots" in 2016, velmai is quietly going to market in 2017 with a leading British media sales agency based in London and a number of prestigious First Mover clients.
Apart from my velmai business, I work on a contract basis for various international tech companies and large corporations, coaching executives and staff on:
# how to implement Greenfield Projects (pilots and new tech applications) related to Artificial Intelligence algorithms
# and the most effective use of bots for business development, specialising in corporate software (backend and customer facing) and SME systems.
A core competence of the velmai bots is sales, marketing and PR. I rely on these insights to support forward-thinking companies in developing their own digital strategies using this 21st century form of client liaison, customer service and high tech advertising.
I've lived in Berlin, Nuremberg, Cologne, Konstanz, Bern, Lucerne, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Kent and now Cote d'Azur, the French Riviera (near the Sophia Antipolis Technology Park). Though born an Australian in Cairns, Berlin was my intellectual, spiritual home for over 20 years where I worked as
- an academic in the Humanities & Cultural Studies
- a special correspondent for The Wall Street Journal Europe and The Times Higher Education Supplement [now THE, The Times Higher]
- communications coach focussed on sales and business growth
- Creative Industries publicist and marketer
- business development project manager
- Investor Relations roles for tech start ups, business angels, private investors and VC funds.
velmai Ltd Headquarters:
4 Burrows Park
North Devon, EX33 1EU
Find Me Online