- I have published a number of Kindle ebooks on technology and my own creative writing...
- "On Internet Law, International Jurisdictions & Artificially Intelligent Bots", Executive MBA Seminar, Mannheim Business School, Baden-Württemberg. MBS is ranked #1 in Germany.
- "On velmai's AI bots doing jobs - sales, marketing & PR", Bot World/Apps World global summit, London, October 2016.
- VentureBeat blog post on "Why chatbots are so disruptive" (mainly about the global advertising industry), August 2016.
- Final VentureBeat post for 2016: on Microsoft's Tay, the assassination of MP Jo Cox in the UK and Hate Speech globally
- A list of my speaking engagements 2015 - 2017: Public Lectures, global summit keynotes, panels, academic & industry talks...
- On the Experts Panel at Re-Work's inaugural Chatbots Track at their annual Deep Learning Summit in London
- My VentureBeat guest article on "the first chatbot to be arrested" in the world - it was a Swiss bot jailed in St Gallen near Zurich!
- Watch this video: my Public Lecture on the "History of Artificial Intelligence & (Chat)bots" at the University of Kent, Sciences Faculty, Canterbury Campus. February 2016.
Kent & Konstanz
I'm a member of the management team behind the British AI bot developer velmai. It builds White Labels and customised chatbots for deployment on corporate websites, blogs and microsites, as well as Instant Messaging platforms or global chat apps.
velmai [Virtual Empirical Lifeform with Multifunctional Artificial Intelligence] is unique in the emerging bot landscape because it is one of a handful of bot builders globally that owns its own code. We have a Proprietary Algorithm called VAIP, Virtual Artificially Intelligent Patois.
The unlisted Company Limited has received several pre-money valuations by expert analyst firms after months of Due Diligence. Its PMV is to be published in their Drooms Deal Room for M&A enquiries. After deciding to sit out the hyped up, international "Year of the Bots" in 2016, velmai is quietly going to market in 2017 with a leading British media sales agency based in London and a number of prestigious First Mover clients.
Apart from my velmai business, I work on a contract basis for various international tech companies and large corporations, coaching executives and staff on how to implement Greenfield Projects related to Artificial Intelligence algorithms and the most effective use of bots for business development.
A core competence of the velmai bots is sales, marketing and PR. I rely on these insights to support forward-thinking companies in developing their own digital strategies using this 21st century form of client liaison, customer service and high tech advertising.
I've lived in Berlin, Nuremberg, Bern, Lucerne, Melbourne, Brisbane & Sydney. Though born an Australian in Cairns, Berlin was my intellectual, spiritual home for over 20 years where I worked as an academic, special correspondent, communications coach, Creative Industries publicist, business development project manager and then Investor Relations roles for tech start ups, business angels, private investors and VC funds.
After becoming a German Citizen in 2016 and more than 10 years in the Artificial Intelligence and bot space, I am now consolidating my knowledge and experience in the form of a German-speaking "Habilitation", a postdoctoral research path to a professorship, at the University of Zurich. Based partly on Lake Constance in Germany, I'm researching, lecturing, writing and publishing part-time whilst continuing to work in industry.
When not in Switzerland and on the mystical German & Austrian shores of Bodensee, I'm on our Kentish farm near London, where I live with my English family in the magical "Garden of England".
Court Farm, Pilgrims Road,
Upper Halling in the Medway Valley
Rochester Region, Kent, ME2 1HR, UK.
Hotel Hegaustern, Hegaublick 4,
78234 Engen in the Hegau Valley
Lake Constance/Bodensee, Konstanz Region, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany.