When I'm not working, I train and show primarily German Shepherds, but I love Standard Poodles and Papillon also. I am a music buff - have a full mp3 player and enjoy a variety of music, but the band of all bands is U2.
Extraco BaI went to high school in Orange, Texas, where I was on the drill team, (Go Bears) and was also kicked out of the school musical. (A story for another blog...) I attended and graduated from Texas A&M University, My first job was as a flight attendant because I was afraid of flying. (It's true!) I later got into Human Resources through training flight attendants, recruiting software developers and executives, and later as a Regional HR Manager at Time Warner Cable and Recruiter at Microsoft.
Here's my LinkedIn profile if you want to hear more about my professional career:
Financial Services Provider 2009 – Present
A privately owned company offering technology services, banking, financial services, trust, mortgage services, and insurance
Human Resources Generalist/Recruiting Lead
• Full life cycle recruiting for roles including Technology Consultant, Audit Manager, Financial Center Manager, Personal Bankers, Operations Analysts, Accounting Specialists and Financial Analysts.
• Used diversity initiatives to identify and recruit a diverse talent pool.
• Serve as HR business partner for departments representing approximately 400 employees including a technology company,16 banks, insurance business and several support functions.
• Managed employee relations, HR analytics and reporting, and manager development initiatives.
Microsoft 2006 – 2009
A $17 billion company headquartered in Redmond, WA with 91,000 employees that provide software products and services worldwide
Strategic Talent Acquisition Manager – Online Services Group
• Sourced and hired professionals supporting Microsoft’s new Online Services Group which managed the adManager and adMarket web serving platforms as well as Microsoft’s search engine.
• Profiles included Program Managers, Product Managers, SEO Analysts, SEM Analysts, Editorial Policy Analysts, and other marketing, editorial, creative, and support roles. Filled several director level roles. Focused on engaging diversity candidates through the use of niche job boards and searches, national and local organizations attracting diverse talent including National Black MBA and National Society for Hispanic MBAs.
• Developed and executed phone/email campaigns targeting employees at companies such as DoubleClick, Yahoo, Google, and AOL resulting in several key hires.
• Managed a vendor with 10 employees who recruited for positions across the Microsoft online advertising sales, sales operations, and client service operations teams.
• Increased business and improved customer service by developing recruiting metrics reporting tools as well as service level agreements for offerings.
• Reduced annual cost by approximately $600,000 and increased average monthly hires by 100% by successfully transitioning staffing from a vendor-based model to a more effective employee-based staffing model
Global Talent Acquisition Consultant
Exceeded goals by creating and executing innovative sourcing generation strategies for positions in the US and abroad.
• Exceeded hire goals by 150% by developing strategy for and implementing online career events, high volume recruiting blitzes, targeted campaigns and job posting initiatives
• Built pipeline of professionals across all Marketing disciplines including: Product Managers, Product Planners, Marketing Directors, Marketing Communications Managers, Audience and Relationship Managers, Technical Product Managers, and Public and Analyst Relations Managers.
• Built pipeline of professional in technical roles such as PM, SDE, SDET, Database
Managers, Database Analysts, C , C#, Java, Social Media, Web Design and Development, and more
• Distinguished as subject matter expert for global sourcing programs and social networking by delivering framework & training to the Microsoft Staffing Community.
Time Warner Media Sales 2003 – 2006
Time Warner’s Media Sales division is responsible for the sale and implementation of all cable and internet advertising
Regional Human Resource Manager 2005 - 2006
• Team leader who planned and implemented representation and recruiting efforts for Time Warner’s group of companies at the National Black MBA conference (HBO, Turner Broadcasting, Time Warner Cable, AOL, etc.)
• Attracted diversity talent through targeted ad campaigns, campus recruiting at schools with high minority populations, and through searches of organizations who attract diverse talent.
• Recruited executive level talent including Vice President of Finance, Regional Sales Managers, advertiser support, creative talent (web and broadcast), information technology (Microsoft, Cisco, Novell servers and desktop support as well as proprietary broadcast operations equipment support.
• Managed all Human Resource activities for the Media Sales groups in Texas and California including include developing 2005 national Affirmative Action Plan, served as national Compensation SME, developed compensation plans for sales staff, provided development opportunities for regional managers, and managed benefits and employee relations for all regions.
• Implemented new performance management and compensation planning processes
• Developed quarterly employee training programs
• Reduced contracting costs 40% by developing and implementing contract engagement procedures
• Developed incentive compensation plan for line employees
Division Human Resource Manager 2003 – 2005
Division Human Resource Manager for five locations, including two Media Sales locations
• Recruited senior level positions including Division Vice President – Finance, Marketing Manager, Direct Sales Manager, IT Operations, Media Sales Local Sales Manager, Account Executives and production professionals. Also led ongoing recruiting campaigns for call center and cable installer positions.
• Managed staff of 3 HR specialists and contractors responsible for recruiting, benefits administration (including Worker’s Comp and FMLA), and OSHA compliance
• Supported division management to ensure consistency and compliance in employment decisions and foster effective employee performance
• Collaborated with senior management on department compensation budgets and sales commission structures
• Reduced costs by co-designing and implementing reorganization of engineering and field operations departments
• Conducted detailed investigations of employee grievances, unemployment, and wage claims
• Saved the company 19% in wages by developing and implementing a division-wide attendance policy.
Camp Fire USA 2002 – 2003
Camp Fire USA is a non profit youth services agency
Engaged to turn around ailing 7-county non-profit youth agency with $1.5M annual budget
• Reduced debt by 75% - $150,000
• Managed federal and state grants, managed budget, oversaw management of staff and facilities
• Increased camp revenue by 40% by developing and implementing business and marketing plan for 400-acre camp, generating income to support child service programs.
Techniques Resources, Inc. 1998 – 2002
Full life cycle project based recruiting and human resource consulting
Owner, Consultant, Account Manager
• Built this company through a partnership with Aztec Systems, Inc., a Dallas Business Journal Fast Tech 50 network integration and software development firm (Microsoft Certified Gold Partner)
• Ownership of all staffing, on boarding and retention strategies for Aztec Systems and Critical Devices, Inc.
• Fully staffed Aztec’s web application development group, sales team, and network solutions team.
• Recruited for other positions including customer support specialists, software developers, web developers, and Microsoft, Novell, and Cisco professionals.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
American Airlines – Lead Flight Service Instructor – developed training programs and trained flight attendants
Oracle (formerly MetaSolv Software) – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism Texas A&M University
Vice President – Programs and Conferences, Heart of Texas Society for Human Resource Management
Leadership Waco Graduate Board Member, Fuzzy Friends Rescue
United Way Loaned Executive
Applicant Tracking Systems/HR Systems Used: ADP, Brass Ring, PeopleSoft (Query Manager), xpTEN, Taleo.
Find Me Online