- official website for the brand Paisley Power and the history of the paisley pattern
- Paisley Power
- facebook page of Patrick Moriarty's designer brand Paisley Power and his design course "Designing Printed Textiles"
- Pinterest page of designer Patrick Moriarty and his popular brand Paisley Power
- Twitter account of UK designer Patrick Moriarty, his unique design course and his brand Pasley Power
- Details of Patrick Moriarty's unique "Designing Printed Textiles" course at METAL Art School, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK.
- blog page with extensive information about the designer Patrick Moriarty and his popular design course and his hand-made textile products.
I am a textile print designer and create unique designs for fashion, accessories and home furnishing. I played Keyboards in bands until i was 35, then I retrained as a textile designer. I design fashion prints every day for major international retailers. In 2014 I formed the brand Paisley Power to enable me to promote my designs to a wider worldwide audience. I enjoy introducing new designs to my collection and receiving ideas, feedback and suggestions from my friends and customers. My products have been on display at the Beecroft Art Gallery, Southend-on-Sea since January 2017. Visitors to the gallery (the largest art gallery in Essex) buy the products as gifts. The sale of the Paisley Power products contributes to the running costs of the gallery.
The best part of being a designer is being inspired every day by all cultures and environments and to interpret them into your own unique creations.
In 2018 I developed a unique method of teaching printed textile design. It enables students to create a repeat pattern in less than 3 hours. I began teaching the course at METAL Art School, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK in September 2018. It was a big success with lots of students, who had no previous experience of textile design, producing professional printed fabrics. In 2019 I increased the number of classes to cater for extra demand for tuition. In January 2019 for 10 weeks (one morning per week) I will be teaching my design methods to a group of adults with learning difficulties. I will also be teaching my techniques at workshops organized by the Guild of Silk Painters, for their members in July 2019.
Find Me Online