- official website for the brand Paisley Power and the history of the paisley pattern
- Paisley Power
- facebook page of Patrick Moriarty's designer brand Paisley Power and his design course "Designing Printed Textiles"
- Pinterest page of designer Patrick Moriarty and his popular brand Paisley Power
- Twitter account of UK designer Patrick Moriarty, his unique design course and his brand Pasley Power
- blog page with extensive information about the designer Patrick Moriarty and his popular design course and his hand-made textile products.
- Official online shop of the Paisley Power brand
- The Paisley Power online design collection at Spoonflower printers website
I am a textile print designer and create unique designs for fashion, accessories and home furnishing. I played Keyboards in bands until i was 35, then I retrained as a textile designer. I design fashion prints every day for major international retailers. In 2014 I formed the brand Paisley Power to enable me to promote my designs to a wider worldwide audience. I enjoy introducing new designs to my collection and receiving ideas, feedback and suggestions from my friends and customers. My products have been on display at the Beecroft Art Gallery, Southend-on-Sea since January 2017. Visitors to the gallery buy the products as gifts. The sale of the Paisley Power products contributes to the running costs of the gallery.
The best part of being a designer is being inspired every day by all cultures and environments and to interpret them into your own unique creations.
In 2018 I developed a unique method of teaching printed textile design. It enables students to create a repeat pattern in less than 3 hours. I began teaching the course at METAL Art School, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK in September 2018. It was a big success with lots of students, who had no previous experience of textile design, producing professional printed fabrics. In 2019 I increased the number of classes to cater for extra demand for tuition. In January 2019 for 20 weeks (one morning per week) I teach my design methods to a group of adults with learning difficulties. I also taught my techniques at a workshop organized by the Guild of Silk Painters, for their members in July 2019.
In January 2019 I launched a new design called Paisley Prince Songbook. I originally created the design by drawing it on paper in 2018. It has been extremely popular as printed fabric with customers all over the world. The Prince-theme scarves, cushions, bags, totes and greeting cards have all been selling extremely well. Sales have exceeded 1000 items. The design has been very popular among Prince admirers and followers. The design has unique motifs symbolizing the songs of Prince Rogers Nelson, including purple rain, crying doves, paisley symbols, peace signs, guitars and tambourines. In December 2020, "Paisley Power" and "paisleypower" became registered trademarks with the UK Intellectual Property Office.