- Sherryjane's Facebook
- My Twitter page for all things music, news and opinions.
- Professional profile, posts, networking and passions.
- National Country Music open group for all artists
- This group is dedicated to the effort to match the missing homeless with their loved ones. Helping my daughter, Summer L. Cooke with a Skid Row ministry in Los Angeles touched my soul and broke my heart. She opened my eyes and heart to the harsh truth.I met many homeless persons whose beautiful souls shined through and we grew to love them dearly. They are God's children all! They have a family that is searching for them. Most homeless suffer from mental issues, PTSD, drug abuse and suffering from memory loss and don't even know how to get home. Then, many are ashamed to let their families know their conditions. Let's find them now before it's too late. Please let us know about your missing and possibly homeless loved one - posters, pictures and as much information you can share. Also, praises to Jerrie Dean (Facebook’s National Missing Persons founder) and prayers to Robin Wells Burton, whose mother Cloudia Wells is still missing and homeless for over 20+ years. This community is for all families who still have loved ones unfound possibly missing and homeless in America. May the Lord intervene to help us find them. Please share our group and pleas from family members. We need these posts seen everywhere! RULES: Post should include as much information as you can. Sales postings will be deleted and you will be blocked. Please be respectful to all other members, i.e. no arguing between members! All tips are encouraged and greatly welcomed. Most of all, pray for the safe return of those who are missing, homeless and lost and their families! God Bless you and pray for us in this endeavor!
- After visiting LA's Skid Row with my daughter, Summer L. Cooke and growing to love these people unconditionally, my pssion to help find the missing and homeless sprang from the lethal overdose death of 23 year old "Casper" - Matthew Higgins- His mother in South Carolina did not know he was homeless on LA's Skid Row and addicted. By this page, I am dedicated to finding those like Matthew!
Strong Christian, born in Houston, native 6th generation Texan, 5th great grandchild of Pierre Lafitte (Jean Lafitte) and one of Hood’s Texas Rangers in Texas after the Civil War via South Carolina. Completely emersed by my musical families with an eclectic love and appreciation for Classical, Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass, Alternative, Rock and Roll, Folk and Country music. Pitch and melody perfectly trained ear. Lyric creation and relativity afficianado and critic.
Presently, a National Country Music Examiner journalist/columnist (5+ years), interviewing, researching, reporting and reviewing Country Music artists and providing event news and historical topics involving new and traditional Country Music. AXS.com Entertainment Contributing Writer.
Over 35 years experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Events Management, Community Outreach and Journalism. I owned my own award-winning (Texas Association of Ad Agencies) ad/publicity/broadcast/events and personality promotion agency for 25 years. The agency grew to more than $1,750,000 in net billings. Throughout those years to the present, I have created, directed managed and publicized major events in Houston and along the Gulf Coast, traveling to Los Angeles and many major cities to negotiate terms and contracts between events, Country Music artists, music management/producers/labels (such as William Morris Agency, Capitol Records and more) I was honored to work with such artists as Tammy Wynette, Hank Williams, Jr., Ray Charles, Alabama, Merle Haggard, T.G Shepherd, Ray Charles, Jr., The Mandrell Sisters, Glenn Ernest Tubb, Stephen Pride, Justin Moore and continue to work with the nation's best and new Country artists, events and venues. Nominated by the Austin/American Statesman for Best Journalist in Texas.
Most valuable awards and rewards: UTMB Gem Award for saving a psychiatric patient’s life. EMT Notification for saving a suicidal overdosed friend of my mother’s through CPR until EMT’s arrived. Proud mom of three gloriously blessed and faithful children of God. Doting Oma to seven beautiful grandchildren. Making a difference in new artist’s lives and their recognition. An active member of the CMT Community, American Association of Americana Folk Music, avid supporter of the Texas Music Association, Academy of Texas Music, supporting member of the International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS) and many other groups for awareness of PTSD in the military and in other trauma victims, active advocate against child, spousal and animal abuse and bringing awareness to international Children’s Christian schools (Treewa Children’s School) in Kenya and (Caanan Christian School) Uganda and other international nature preservation groups.
In 1995,was the first ever Marketing /Advertising and Business Development Director for the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, a position especially created from my resume (14 years at UTMB.)